On December 23, 2016 the winners of the Programme were nominated with the award for talented scientists that took place in Lviv City Council within the Programme “Scientific Lviv”.
“I would like to congratulate all those who participated in the Programme. It is significant for the city to support those who have bright ideas. It is for some reason taken for granted here that education and science are always noted only in words. We want to change this tradition. In particular, we have such practice to honor the top 100 teachers every year, each of whom receives the award of 25 000 UAH from the city. We have the same practice for the teachers of physical education in order to raise the prestige of the profession. I would like to make the practice of nominating the best scientists, who have interesting developments, systemic and regular. The amount is small: 25 000 UAH but we have to start with something”, remarked the mayor of Lviv Andriy Sadovyi.
This year 10 talented scientists became the winners of the Programme:
1. Andriy Baumketner (professional field – theoretical physics and computer simulations, Institute for Condensed Matter Physics of NAS of Ukraine).
2. Yuriy Kalyuzhny (professional field – theoretical physics, colloidal systems, Institute for Condensed Matter Physics of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine.
3. Danylo Kaminsky (professional field – medical chemistry, organic chemistry, synthesis, Danylo Halytsky Lviv National Medical University).
4. Ivan Karbovnyk (professional field – science and education, Ivan Franko National University of Lviv).
5. Halyna Klim (professional field – fundamental problems of modern materials, Lviv Polytechnic National University).
6. Serhiy Malynych (professional field – physics and nanotechnology, Hetman Petro Sahaidachnyi National Army Academy).
7. Rostyslav Stoyka (professional field – biochemistry, Institute of Cell Biology NAS of Ukraine)
8. Volodymyr Tkachuk (professional field – theoretical physics, Ivan Franko National University of Lviv)
9. Anatoliy Fedorchuk (professional field – chemistry, crystal chemistry, solid state chemistry, non-organic chemistry, S.Z.Gzhytsky National Veterinary and Biotech University of Lviv).
10. Oleh Shpotyuk (professional field – electronic materials, Vlokh Institute of Physical Optics).
The governing council of the Programme “Scientific Lviv ” was defining the winners of award. It consisted of the representatives of universities and research institutions of the city.
The main criteria for the selection of the finalists were: high rank and international recognition of candidate’s achievements, applicant’s significant contribution to the development of local scientific environment and education, international activities of the scientist, the presence of national and international patents, etc.
Let us remind you that the Programme “Scientific Lviv” for 2016-2017 anticipates a set of actions aimed at the development and promotion of Lviv as a center of education and science, important scientific discoveries, development of advanced technologies and innovations. The aim of the Programme is to promote Lviv’s scientific activities, its renowned scientists and inventions, research, development of scientific potential of the city; the exchange of experience with leading national and foreign scientists, the development of the meetings’ industry by means of holding significant scientific business events in the city.
More information on the Programme “Scientific Lviv” you can find by the following link: http://bit.ly/2ib3EVe.